“It's a sweet day, Honey!
Updated: Mar 7
Boy oh boy, do you smell the flowers too?
Nothing is sweeter than the taste of fresh raw honey harvested from your backyard.
How do bees make honey? Bees start making honey, which is their food, by visiting flowers. They collect a sugary juice called nectar from the blossom by sucking it out with their tongues. They store it in what's called their honey stomach, which is different from their food stomach.
When they have a full load, they fly back to the hive. There, they pass it on through their mouths to other worker bees who chew it for about half an hour. It's passed from bee to bee, until it gradually turns into honey. Then the bees store it in honeycomb cells, which are like tiny jars made of wax. The honey is still a bit wet, so they fan it with their wings to make it dry out and become more sticky. When it's ready, they seal the cell with a wax lid to keep it clean.
It takes at least eight bees all their life to make one single teaspoonful. Fortunately for us, they usually make more than they need, so we can have some, too.
Honeycomb is extremely nutritious and packed with vitamins. People have been buzzing over the sweetness, healing properties and health benefits of honeycomb for thousands of years. Honeycomb packs a whole bunch of nutrients that regular honey cannot bring to the table. Raw and unfiltered honeycomb contains amazing benefits: it can boost the immune system and assist in treating a cold, just to name a few. There are also many different ways to enjoy eating honeycomb. Here are the 10 benefits the expert says a list of eating raw honeycomb. I guess we are lucky!
1) Raw honeycomb is jam-packed with vitamins, enzymes, pollen, and antioxidants.2) Nutrients are sealed in the wax cells of the honeycomb.3) The antioxidants in honeycomb can support heart health
4) Raw honeycomb benefits glucose metabolism.
5) Raw honeycomb assists in protecting the liver.
6) Raw honeycomb is a sweet, unaltered, and unprocessed alternative to other sweeteners.
7) Raw honeycomb helps to treat a cough or sore throat.
8) Raw honeycomb is a natural immune booster.
9) You can naturally boost your energy with raw honeycomb.
10) Raw honeycomb promotes better sleep!
Beeswax is a natural substance that can be used in your home, beauty routine, and even in your cooking. 12 Creative Ways to Use Beeswax (& Benefits). We use beeswax and the magical herb to make homemade lotion. In our Northern California harsh cold weather, a daily lotion application is not enough to dry skin & cracking. Unlike the store-bought lotion, one application of the magical lotion lasts for a week. Since we are making it at home, we use it luxuriously on the feet, the dryness and cracked heels are things of the past. Who is to say you can't have model-perfect feet without routinely visit your local pedicure ladies?